For Additional Info Contact:
MIKE LAND, PRESIDENT
Tel: (239) 823-3631
North Fort Myers Civic Association, Inc.
Type your paragraph here.
Type your paragraph here.
Meetings 2nd Tuesday of each month-
Next meeting is Tuesday, April 10th at 7 p.m. in the Recreation Center Room 102A
2000 N. Recreation Way, North Fort Myers
MAP Dues $10.00 ANNUALLY!
Assists North Fort Myers, FL by:
GET ONE OF OUR NEW MEMBERSHIP CARDS
NORTH FORT MYERS PROMOTIONAL BROCHURE CREATED AND DISSEMINATEDType your paragraph here.
PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS SHOWN ABOVE AND THE NORTH FORT MYERS NEIGHBOR, INCLUDING ITS WEBSITE WHICH IS THE ONLY CONSISTENT SOURCE FOR NEWS OF NORTH FORT MYERS.
NORTH FORT MYERS CIVIC ASSOCIATION-CURRENT PROJECTS, ISSUES AND CONCERNS
- Support Library Task Force to obtain new Library for NFM
- Encourage creation of a NFM Farmer’s Market and interacting with area farmers to promote their products
- Work with Carter-Pritchett Outdoor Advertising to develop a billboard campaign promoting NFM
- Continue Code Enforcement overview and recommendations
- Continue to sponsor and host “Meet The Candidates Night” for primary & general elections
- Meet frequently with Sheriff and staff regarding curbing crime
- Attend meetings of County Commission & other relevant meetings
- Nominate at least 4 members to NFM Community Planning Panel & NFM Design Review Panel & support the Panels
- Make suggestions to County Parks & Recreation
- Make suggestions to County Library Staff
- Look for ways to promote commerce, attract clean industry & reduce commercial vacancy rates
- Encourage The Public to participate in civic affairs
- Continue to sponsor and conduct yearly Holiday Tree Lighting Ceremony & Caroling
- Encourage County Commission to decide how to use, or sell, its Waterway Estates site.
- Oversee and act as Facilitator to New NFM Merchants Association
- Participate in Fall Funfest, manning a table and distributing candy to children
- Do whatever is necessary to help to protect our environment, water, gulf and natural resources
- Work with experts to develop a “brochure” promoting the virtues of NFM, including but not limited to its 10 miles of riverfront, its farms, its building and lot availability, its work force, its retailers, services, communities, people and neighborhoods and other assets to attract businesses, residents, industry, retailers, restauranteurs and others to this community and develop sponsors and apply for grants, if needed, to fund its printing and dissemination.
- Act in many ways to welcome businesses, residents, industry, retailers, restauranteurs and others new to the community and encourage their participation in civic affairs and events.
- Seek grants to entice businesses and improve any aspect of life in North Fort Myers
- Continue Clean Up, Paint Up, Fix Up Campaign
- Work with Lee Tran and County Commissioners to improve bus service
- Continue seeking a public boat ramp
- Continue seeking a NFM Sports Complex containing bocce, pickle ball, senior softball and other facilities
- Encourage businesses, industry, home buyers, developers, investors and others to locate/invest in this community, and devise and help convince county to enact/support incentives to retain present and attract new ones
- Provide a forum and a voice for knowledgeable speakers on all issues of public concern
- Reach out to public officials at all levels of government when appropriateEncourage all county/state agencies and utilities to provide better street lighting, safety, rules of the road, highway signage, infrastructure, central water and sewer facilities, clean air and water